Saturday, May 25, 2013

Rene's birthday

 Simply love the relaxed and homely feel when you first step into the cafe.

 Another love of mine at this cafe - freshly baked bread with four different flavours. Always warm and very soft when they are served! 

 Organic quinoa salad...not exactly in harmony with the taste buds of some but it makes me guilt-free when I had just that for lunch a few months ago. Food like this must take time to enjoy slowly, every bit of it :)   

 Pan-seared barramundi

 My grilled trout...this whole dish has made me realise the importance of the sides that accompany the main on the plate. The various kinds of vegetables around it complement the fish very well.  

 Had a slice of Miss Tan's pork chop (without the corn :P), it's very tender.

Veal must have been tender and flavourful for both Kat and Jakki had their plates polished clean. 

 Happy happy birthday!

 Kat's creation! That's really a lovely cake, fit for a lovely princess :)

 Snap! Snap! Click! Click!

I would say not s good shot especially with those lights grabbing the attention in the photograph but I really do love the smiles on all our faces, such beautiful, lovely and irresistible smiles :)



























This should be the third time I was at Waterfall Cafe at Shangri-la Hotel and this time it was to celebrate Rene's birthday. Hee, kinda glad that she has chosen this place as personally, I do like this place, not just for the ambience but also the food. If I am not wrong, this cafe was just newly opened last year. It's certainly the kind of place which one could spend the whole afternoon just chilling out and relax. Well, that's exactly what we did last Saturday. We had lunch and I could not believe that by the time we left the cafe, it was almost 5pm. As usual, I was impressed by the service and the thoughtfulness of the staff there. A nice and cozy place I know I would love to 'hide' myself in and to be away from the hustle and bustle of life. Sure gonna try their chocolate cake the next time! Tea time, anyone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment