Saturday, May 25, 2013

The (My) laksa story




Ever wonder how variety and quantity could hamper performance and hinder thinking at times? Must be wondering what silly and weird thoughts this silly gal is brewing again. Ha, well, it's been a long long time since I had buffet of some sort, I think. Met up with a group of ex-colleagues on a Friday night and we decided to have buffet at Asia Market Cafe@Fairmont Hotel. Walked around the spread and wondered what to begin first. When I finally reached the restaurant, I saw Rene having bread and butter, should I have some bread to start off the meal? Saw Julia having some satay, should I have some satay before they are snapped up as they seemed quite popular? Saw Edmond feasting on cakes and pastries and wondered what I had missed out :P I should say I was at a loss as to what I should eat first. I would say that the restaurant does offer quite a good variety of Asian dishes in the buffet spread. I kind of like the chilli crabs and sambal stingray. Mostly very fresh ingredients and not to mention how Edmond and Julia had eaten at least two servings of durian pudding or was it more of puree? But a buffet may not necessarily suit the eating preference of some. I am not really a great fan of seafood like prawns and oysters but they are really top on the list in terms of popularity. Well, I ended up eating a small portion of everything but not sure if I have thoroughly savoured the wholesome of each. Well, ha, decided to focus on just the laksa for photography, just on the beauty of the thick and delicious gravy, yes, just one focus would be good enough for me to manage and to thoroughly enjoy that "laksa" moment :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment