Sunday, May 12, 2013

If only they could speak and we could listen

 Sometimes, the little things in life are hardly noticed and appreciated in our daily lives. If we do look closer, we will come to realise that these little things are gems and those moments of joy when we really discover these gems are truly unforgettable. 

 If we treasure those moments of silence, we would probably realise that we could hear melodious music in our hearts. Such beautiful songs playing in our hearts that it could instantly bring smiles on our faces. But is there time and space in our lives for silence?

 Every one of us has our own story to tell and we all have challenges that we face. We try to stay strong but the worst part about being strong is that no one ever asks if you're okay. Even the strongest person needs to be held by the hand at times. 

Is there always a need for clear boundaries? Is there always a need to classify things (living and non-living) into some categories based on some criteria, characteristics or standards? I wonder what category do I fall under? Do I care? Does it matter? What do you think?

I wondered when I would ever get to see tulips in Holland. So when I heard about "Tulipmania" at Gardens by the Bay, I was rather interested to catch a glimpse of it, not wanting to miss such a beautiful display. Ha, it was a Sunday and when I was at the entrance of Gardens by the Bay, I was actually wondering if there would be more people than tulips at one of the conservatories. I don't really fancy crowds and at times, I wonder if it's considered a phobia to me. Sometimes, I just simply feel like walking away from crowds, weirdo! Well, it was kinda crowded in the conservatory and I must say there was much noise too. Sigh, do we ever give a chance for the flowers to speak? Do we ever listen to them? Or do these little beauties just serve decorative purposes in one's photographs?   

3 comments:

  1. Hey! your photos are better than mine wor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you but still need to learn more about the "subject" of a photograph wor! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiyah! if you wanna learn, you would be a great photographer by now. Observe more, read more and practise more lor!

    ReplyDelete