Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mark's birthday

 The first thing that needed my attention :)

 Reminded me of those days where we had eaten lotsa BBQ stuff during our Korea trip. Such a joy to see those green leafy greens wrapped around the succulent BBQ meat. 

 Another dish that went well with rice, tasty and favourful.

 I always feel that the most interesting part about eating Bibimbap is the part where we get to mix and stir. Love to see the whole dish being stirred, feels like a whole piece of art being recreated.

 Hmm, more tempura than pancake? However, I thought the ingredients were fresh and there's zucchini too! Well, I guess life goes beyond spring onions :P

Whatever that you are wishing for, I wish you that. Happy Birthday!

We must be a bunch of real horrible friends, or maybe just a few of us. Mark wanted to have Omakase Burger at the Grandstand for his birthday celebration. However, there seemed to be some objection from a few and that few 'domineering' ones finally decided on having Korean food. Well, the birthday boy was real accommodating and we decided to have Korean food at Manna Korean Restaurant. You know, what always excites me when I have a meal at a Korean restaurant has always been the side dishes. Always curious about what goes into the variety, always fascinated by the creativity and not forgetting my star - kimchi. Isn't that a good reason to eat Korean food? Well, I guess at least for me, it is. And by now, you would probably have guessed that I was one of the 'domineering' and horrible ones :P The kimchi stew is a must for me and I thought I kinda like the one at Manna. It's thick, spicy and one that would entice you to crave for more rice to go with it. Realised that I had not taken a picture of it. Hmm, and I actually miss eating Korean cold noodles and summer is just round the corner, isn't it? Well, I would say average Korean fare at Manna (but I wonder where's the best though?). 

3 comments:

  1. Your other friend who craved for Korean food had a headache that day, sigh. We should go eat at the Koream restaurant at Joo Chiat. I find it nicer. The side dishes are nicer wor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, a pity my other friend (who is also your other friend by the way) could not make it on that day. We will go try the one at Joo Chiat another day then!

    ReplyDelete