Sunday, May 26, 2013

Dear Holiday

Rose macaron from Laduree 
Remember how we played when we were still little kids? I remember playing my favourite set of cooking toys and how I had torn pieces of tissue, hoping they looked like noodles that I could cook and served :) I remember how I had taken small pieces of cloth from my grandmother's bag of leftover cloth from sewing and draped them over my dolls so they could have different pretty clothes to wear. I remember how I tried to wear my aunt's heels, hold a magazine and tried to look like I was a businesswoman, trying to sign documents (Ha, probably from watching too many of drama serials then) Don't you think as children, we were more imaginative, creative and expressive? Kinda miss those days. Well, I guess as adults we could still kind of play "Pretend, Pretend" and maybe try to be a little imaginative :P Why do I say so? You see, it's a long weekend and Miss Tan and myself tried to pretend (or was it more of denial?) that we were having a holiday overseas. Met up for shopping and meals for almost two days and concluded that there wasn't really much to explore in this country that we're 'travelling' in :P Or probably we were too lazy to explore. Popped by Laduree, the talk of the town I guess and saw people posing in front of the boutique to take photographs. Ha, that's interesting and at the same time intriguing to me. Bought two flavours of macarons - rose and yuzu chocolate. Oh my goodness, love romantic Rose! Such pleasant taste and sweet romance in the mouth as I took a bite of it and yes, it brought a smile on my face. As for yuzu chocolate, there's a tinge of bitterness which tasted  unique and there's strong taste of yuzu too. However, rose still gets my vote! ...Dear Holiday, sure hope to stick by you longer :P

2 comments:

  1. Yo, is it possible to consider to change your font? Very difficult to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possible and point taken but will change when I feel like doing so :P

    ReplyDelete