Sunday, July 19, 2009

The MacRitchie Trail - Journey with my parents

Towards the end of the trail...I wish these were escalators and not stairs :P

My very hardworking parents, with me trailing behind :P

Love the veins on this leaf blade...a piece of art

This cluster of leaves has a way of capturing my attention
My father decided to bring my mummy and this lazy daughter of his to that TreeTop Walk at MacRitchie. Well, I certainly welcomed this idea, had always wanted to go take a look at that place, think the last time I really went for a canopy walk was in Sabah, or was it Kuching? Anyway, it should be in Malaysia and that was many years back. Mummy woke me up in the morning on a Saturday and I must say I was still kinda not awake even at breakfast time. I was munching on my bread, my father was showing me the map of the trail that we would be taking but my mind was kinda still asleep :P Warned by my father that it would be a 3 to 4 hr trek. Thus, no slippers, plenty of water and a light snack would be important. At 10am, we started trekking, we walked and walked and walked. Oh my, I really have come to realise how much my parents can walk, I am pretty proud of them! :) But wish they would slow down at times, I felt that I was the one in my 60s instead. Haha, but they were not so good in going up slope :P Well, needless to say, given my kinda sense of direction, I followed my father all through the journey :P We were all soaked in perspiration after trekking for about three hours, my legs were kinda wobbly too. For lunch, my father brought us to Upper Thomson Road for roti prata at Casuarina Curry. Haiz, the level of my calories seemed to remain status quo after consuming two slices of roti prata :P On our way home, I took off my track shoes in the car and fell asleep… That day, I seemed to have understood the meaning of spending quality time with loved ones. I don’t think I need to go on a holiday trip to be able to spend time, I meant quality time, with my parents. I am glad I went with them that morning : ) Oh yes, I bet I will be trekking there again.

A quote which I like very much while trekking, words of quotes were engraved on metal plates and these plates were placed along some parts of the trail…
“It is not the language of the painters but the language of nature which one has to listen.” ~ Vincent van Gogh

2 comments:

  1. I missed this one... I have always want to go for this treetop walk as well. When I get back, we all go again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. okie!! :) u make sure u wait for me during the trek :P

    ReplyDelete