Friday, July 17, 2009

My upside down world

One of my colleagues decided to take half year of no pay leave and be a good wife and hopefully a mother-to-be. When we were chatting that day, she was worrying about and wondering what she could do at home. My goodness, I told her she must be kidding, I could easily give her a list of things to do besides work. Well, I have been thinking about it and I guess no harm for me to kinda dream of my own list of things I could do besides work, ha, I seem vulnerable to an attack by lazy bugs – all ready to conquer every single cell in my body :P Ahem, here it goes, top ten list of things I would love to do if I am not working (in no order of preference)…

1. Blog, blog and blog…I realized I can be so easily ‘provoked’ in my thoughts and kinda feels good to be able to put them down in words. Blog in any part of the world, better make good use of my new netbook lest I might have a new pet - a white elephant :P
2. Cook…brush up on my culinary skills (ha, no high expectations pls), cook for my parents and invite friends over to my place for makan sessions (will try my best not to be too tough on their taste buds :P)
3. Wake up early in the morning (well, maybe not that early) and enjoy a good breakfast…well, this can be so simple but could be so important to me…savouring every bit of breakfast or every sip of the tea, bathing in the warm and sweet morning sun…
4. Read…confession: there are still books that I have bought but still not read. It’s time to immerse myself in the pool of words and discover amongst them the meanings and messages I would have come to realise after reading them. Hmm, spending afternoons in a bookshop would be a brilliant idea too!
5. Paint…confession: bought acrylic, small canvasses, brushes about one year ago and guess what, they are still brand new and untouched in a bag. Hmm, have some ideas what I would like to paint and maybe it’s time to get into some serious artistic work. Ha, disgusting gal!
6. Travel…the world out there is just like a book waiting to be read. This fascinating book is waiting to be discovered. I wanna see cherry blossoms!
7. Get a dog…should I? Maybe it’s time to learn responsibility and real commitment
8. Take nature walks…watch every leaf as it waltzes its way down to the ground, be thrilled by a wild flower and be nestled amongst the splendor of nature, enjoying beauty in every moment that I spend with them.
9. Tidy up and get organised…okie lazy gal, time for an overhaul, need to get my wardrobe organised, need to throw away some and give away some. Maybe I should reorganize stuff in my drawers too. Ha, even occupying my siblings’ rooms at this point of time. Goodness, one room doesn’t seem enough for me :P
10. Lotsa exercise…yoga three times per week and swim two times per week. Hee, then maybe I could add in little treats like ice cream and peanut butter every week! Sigh, gal, ever wonder why you can’t be pencil thin? :P

You know, I feel like this list can go on and on but then again, I was thinking, why can’t these be done starting from right now even with work at hand? Why must I dream of it? I might be able to make these so called little dreams come true. I never know, I might be able to turn my world upside down one day, looking at it in my own way :P

Why always “not yet”? Do flowers in spring say “not yet”? ~ Norman Douglas

5 comments:

  1. Hey, you bought a new netbook???

    Blog about it and tell me whether its good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, bought a netbook, I think about two weeks ago. It’s an Acer. Well, if u were to ask me why I bought it, my answer would be “coz I juz feel like it”. If you were to ask me whether it’s good, ha, have not had many opportunities to use it as yet. I like the feel when using it though. Wanted to show you last Fri over dinner but you were kinda ‘heated up’ from your heatiness :P Anyway, do give me some time to fumble with it first, I can be pretty S…L…O…W. Know wat, reading up on and handling this kinda stuff is probably like reading “Digital Life” and not knowing 50% of wat I am reading :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey pooh... just saw this entry... i got the acer netbook too!! mine's red... what colour is yours??

    why must u read up gal??? just use it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey snoop, really??! mine is black, hehe! sigh, like hardly use it :P haha, maybe we should bring both our netbooks out one of these days k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol... Just stumbled into your blog and am glad that I've managed to accomplish some of the items on your list during my leave:P
    1)Blog? Yap, I've started 2 blogs actually :P
    2)Cook? Yap, I've been cooking 3 meals daily, Mon to Fri...
    3)Waking up early and enjoying a good Breakfast? I most certainly did!
    4)Read? Yap, been visiting NLB, borrowing books, reading food blogs, surfing the net, all sorts of reading...
    5)Paint? I'm not really an artist, but I did try doing some cake decoration. I think that will also qualify as some form of an art :P
    6)Travel? This is really my greatest regret, not grabbing the opportunity to travel during this period...
    7)Get a dog? I've already a giant baby and 6 parrots at home. Think that's enough responsibility at the moment.
    8)Take a nature walk. We did visit some parks, but usually I walk along the aisle of the supermarket and smell in the 'freshness' of the fresh produce there... I still manage to see the greenery in the vegs & the fishes swimming in the tanks...
    9)Tidy Up & get organised? I think the only place I need to keep organise is my work station... Home is fine :)
    10)Lotsa Exercise... I got a new Wii Station & have been playing Wii Fit & Wii Sports :P

    Anyway, how time flies... Leave is coming to an end... :)

    ReplyDelete