Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yoga

I miss practising yoga, decided to sign up for a free trial at Ananda Marga Yoga Society of Singapore. I must say I have enjoyed the trial session today. It seemed to have brought out the essence of yoga…relaxed, at your own pace. Most of all, the focus as mentioned by the instructor, is not only on the body but also essentially, the mind. It is not just physical health but also mental health. The secret of good health lies in both the body and mind going hand in hand, well, which I totally agree. Never underestimate the power of the mind. I would say the lessons which they have over a span of seven weeks present quite a holistic approach of yoga. I also feel that it’s kinda quite structured, with lesson targets for each session presented to trainee. Instructor was also able to explain clearly the purpose of each step as we tried out each position. You know, the thing I really like about yoga is really about the mind… calm and peaceful emotions, relief from stress and tiredness. It is also able to give a boost of energy and a jab of vitality into one’s body. Well, without much hesitation, I signed up for the beginner classes :P Chanced upon this today…

“Very few people know what real health is because most are occupied with killing themselves slowly…the body must be in an intimate relationship with the mind.” ~ Albert Szent Gyorgi

No comments:

Post a Comment