Saturday, August 1, 2009

It's feeding time


For the past week, I kinda felt like a zookeeper, was in charge of feeding time for Sunny baby. Derrick was out of town and Mark had to work late so I guess Godma will take up the task :P It’s kinda tiring after a day at work but to know that I was going to see Sunny baby, well, couldn’t help but felt a linger of joy within me. As I opened the front door, he would be jumping with his mighty might, all ready to get out of the enclosure and greet this visitor with loads of excitement. As I was trying to arrange the cage and his pee pan in a proper way outside the kitchen, he would be all over me, ‘attacking’ my skirt and every inch of my body, vying for attention I guess. Next came a proper greeting, I would hold him in my arms, give him a big hug and a kiss. Ha, that’s when he would be licking me all over my face. I would smell his fur, look into his eyes and with an occasional whisper of “Baby, I love u” into his ears…

While I was getting ready his dog food and half an apple, diced, he would be walking around all over the living room, always ended up at the glass window at the balcony, there’s always something out there that had caught his attention. Before dinner, would clear his drips of pee near his pee pan (aim properly, my dear baby!) and his poo (which happened to be always at the same spot :P). The food in the dog dish would always be thoroughly cleaned up in probably less than five minutes and would left me wondering if I had given enough food to him. Ha, could always hear a burp whenever I cleaned his mouth after his meal, cute little thing :P Time to walk him! Whenever I took his leash out, he would be jumping for joy, like a child, all ready to run to the playground. Always loved the evening breeze as I walked him. Sunny baby loves to ‘explore’ the grass and plants. These never fail to arouse his interest, I wonder what lies beneath those grass patches. Well, he’s still barking at people, there would be at least once I would need to extend my apology but ha, people in the neighbourhood were pretty friendly and understanding. By the second round, he would be a little tired and by the third, walking him became a breeze, I was in total control, heh heh! One could hear him pant two metres away :P After the walk and back home, he would be dead beat, sprawling on the floor like a piece of furry carpet. Would lie beside him to give him a massage or a little cuddle…

Felt that saying goodbye was a little difficult on the first day. He would start making that whining sound when I put him in his enclosure and was about to leave, hated to hear that. He wasn’t jumping when I was locking the front door, he just stood there and gazed at me as I waited for the lift. I would miss you too…

No comments:

Post a Comment