Saturday, August 8, 2009

A tiny me in a tiny dot

I am thankful that I grew up craddled in her arms. She is not perfect, nobody is ever but she has given me numerous opportunities in life. Sometimes, I guess it’s just a matter of whether I see these opportunities which come knocking at my front door and whether I do care. She does her best to protect me. Most of all, she has given me a home of peace and unconditional love, she has given me lovely friends who understand, care, love, accept and forgive. She may be just a little red dot but the strength that she has to face challenges and handle obstacles must never be underestimated. I know I will not ever take the things that I have, no matter how tiny or simple they may be, for granted…Happy 44th Birthday, Singapore…You have come so far and I am always glad and thankful that a tiny weeny me has been a part of this tiny dot of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment