Saturday, August 15, 2009

Tiramisu

Tiramisu from Ben & Jerry

I heard from an ex-colleague a few years ago that authentic tiramisu usually comes in a cup. I would always take the chance to taste tiramisu if I ever see one that’s in a cup and also of course, looks enticing in a certain way. I remember the one which I had at a cafĂ© in Bangkok was really good, rich in taste, smooth and simply sensational! It kinda tickled and satisfied my taste bud beautifully. Well, I would say that’s kinda like the taste of beauty. Beauty does not necessarily have to be seen, does it? Hanged out with a group of friends at Dempsey yesterday, we went Ben and Jerry. I have always love ice cream but Ben and Jerry is not really in my top five list of favourite ice cream, well, maybe not even top ten. So decided to try its tiramisu. Tiramisu has to be tasted bit by bit, may take some time but feel that we really need time to savour every bit of it. Hmm, as for the one sold at Ben and Jerry, not as great as I thought it would be, but maybe good enough for me as a dessert after a meal. Realised that Jones Grocer at Dempsey is also a great place to hang out at night too, closes quite late on Fridays and most of all, there weren’t many people when I checked it out yesterday, quiet and place seemed kinda relaxed and comfy. Have always thought that Jones Grocer only opens during the day. Well, good to just spend time drinking a cup of tea or a glass of wine for wine lovers, coupled with a bowl of salad or a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment