Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A beautiful day

I have past records of ‘killing’ potted plants, they didn’t seem to blossom and flourish much under my care. Well, I must admit that it could be due to my negligence or could be just pure ignorance (silly gal :P). I was probably at a stage or at a state of mind where I thought I was not fated to take care of plants, my fingers are probably not as green as I would like them to be. Hence, I told myself that I would just admire and appreciate them from afar and not be responsible for their survival lest my not-so-green fingers might risk taking more ‘lives’. Know what, I guess I was given another chance…While I was engrossed checking out emails at my workstation today, I heard footsteps but thought nothing of it. The next minute, a potted plant was placed in front of my eyes. Came together with the plant was a note providing detailed instructions on the care of the plant (probably just what I needed, silly gal :P)… “Hope it will cheer you up every day” was the last sentence in that note. I remember the mug that was used to contain the plant, have seen it numerous times, I felt the chip off the edge of the mug…what a beautiful flaw, a flaw is beauty itself. The plant seemed to be smiling at me and I couldn’t help but smiled back. It has made my day and it has also made my day a real beautiful one. I believe this plant was a gift from someone with a beautiful heart too…Dear Mark, thank you…

No comments:

Post a Comment