Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sembawang kidz

Yummy! My favourite - onion rings from Buckaroo BBQ and Grill

Spicy buffalo wings - Level 2 "Volcano"
Was it supper or was it just pure indulgence? HZ recommended spicy buffalo wings at Buckaroo BBD and Grill, off Sembawang Road. We were told that it's always crowded. Indeed it was when we reached there at about 9 plus at night. It was located amongst private houses. A small cosy place, looked at the menu, realised that they do have some interesting stuff there. Diners around us seemed to be enjoying their food. Many were drinking beer, very outback kinda style. I am not really a fan of bufflao wings. The wings were spicy and tender but I could only manage to eat one coz I felt that I have had enough meat for the day. Loved the onion wings! I was the one who saw other people eating and thought I really wanted to try those. They were good! Fresh and good onions were used. So crispy on the outside and fresh and crunchy in the inside. When eaten hot, simply fabulous!
Shark's head
Bottle Tree Village Seafood Restaurant in Sembawang

Knowing that I fancy fishheads, JS recommended shark's head cooked in nonya spicy gravy. I should say we consumed lotsa collagen that evening from that head. A shark's head is quite different from the usual fish head. The nonya spicy gravy was something that I have not tasted before, pretty unique and very spicy. Vegetables in that gravy were fresh and cooked just right. The disappointing part was the fact that there were no eyeballs for me. The structure of the shark's head was kinda weird, so weird that I did not even know which part of the head I am eating. Hmm, still prefer the normal and usual kinda fish head :P We sat facing the sea, not much of sea breeze that evening. We ordered fried pig trotter (crispy!), vegetables and fried tofu with pork floss and seaweed. Not too bad but I thought dishes were kinda salty.

Met up with my secondary school friends, HZ and JS, over the weekend. Goodness, what else can friends do besides eating when they meet up? Worse still, meeting up with a group of friends who love to eat. We were completely stuffed after we had completed our 'adventure' in Sembawang, vowed to be living on just vegetables and fruits for the next one week, some detoxification needs to be done :P

2 comments:

  1. ahh... u ventured to sembawang area. it's been a while since i went to d 2 places u mentioned... maybe i shall make my way down to buckaroo's this wkend!! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, i did coz my frens recommended. Knowing my sense of direction, u know i dun venture dat far :P my dear, whether itz sembawang or not sembawang, hope that you will still have a great weekend k :P

    ReplyDelete