Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gift #18 from my angel

Simple and short stories do teach lessons in life. Feeling groggy, checked out my pigeon hole this morning and discovered amongst stacks of papers was a little book – “Aesop’s Fables”. No frills or thrills on the cover page of the book, plain and simple. Came with the book was a little card… “Happy reading”, “Happy Monday”…Well, I was not around at work on Monday to enjoy the happy Monday but was certainly feeling great to receive the little gift on a Tuesday. It has certainly brought much warmth to my heart. Doesn’t it feel great to know that someone is thinking of you? …This little story that I have in my black folder just came to my mind…

A wise woman who was travelling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day, she met another traveller who was hungry and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveller saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveller left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

“I’ve been thinking,” he said, “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”
~ Author Unknown


Dear Yue Niang Angel, I feel rich or rather, I am rich…for you have given me much, not so much the gifts but your thoughts and your care. What is it that you have beneath your angelic wings that has made you give so much of yourself? I am really thankful and grateful for this little angel in my life…This book will always remind me of how precious life lessons are sometimes learnt through simple stories and encounters in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment