Monday, August 17, 2009

There's something wrong with Esther

Esther was no ordinary nine-year old girl. She was talented and learnt things pretty fast. She was matured in her thoughts and articulate really well. She was polite and was always capable of winning the hearts of every adult that she spoke to or came into contact with. But there’s something wrong with Esther…She might not be as nice and as sweet as you thought she would be. She might not be as angelic as you would imagine her to be…She was a wolf in a sheep’s clothing, all ready to pounce. She was trapped in a nine-year old body,all ready to break free.

I was really shocked to come to know of what a nine year old girl was capable of doing and I meant her ability to brutally kill and to harm. She did those without a second thought and not even a second of hesitation. Her heart was cold and hard, there seemed to be great hatred each time she took a life. My goodness, what had happened to this child? What had happened to her childhood to have caused her to become such a cruel child. I would feel the word “cruel” should not be used to describe any child in this world. They are born the same but it’s always the environment and surrounding that mould them. I guess there’s always a story behind every child. But I was completely puzzled by this child’s story…But there’s something really wrong with Esther. She was not a nine year old girl as what all of us would imagine her to be.

I feel a lot for Max, the little hearing impaired girl. She was a unbelievably brave little girl but at the same time, my heart ached for her. For what she had gone through because of Esther’s doing, I could imagine the great amount of repair and counselling she would need to go through for all the trauma that she had had.

Oops, those of you reading this blog post must be wondering what this silly gal is blabbling about right now. Well, I managed to catch “Orphan” over the weekend. I feel that it’s more of like a thriller than a horror. It’s more of that kind where a psycho killer goes after a group of innocent people. For really good horror movies, it would send a chill down my whole body, would make me shudder at the mention of them. Not easy to find good horror movies nowadays I would say. But overall, “Orphan” wasn’t too bad, got my attention and did not really trigger much of that fear factor within me. I remember Derrick mentioned that horror movies are for simple-minded people. Hmm, I suppose I am one of them :P Well, here’s a simple-minded gal’s review of a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment