Monday, October 5, 2009

4 Oct 2009

Really glad that Didi was able to be around this weekend :)

My father always has a way of reducing the fish to bones, not wasting any edible part of it. Well, he has been trying to impart his skills to us and I must say that he has been quite successful :P

A dessert not to be missed in a Teochew restaurant - Or nee (Hee, it's yam paste). It's good, smooth, not very sweet and yam-my!

Fried kuay tiao with chye poh

According to my father, there are only two Teochew restaurants which serve this dish. It's sea cucumber stuffed with minced meat (fresh!). Good try! I like the taste.

Steamed pomfret, not my favourite kinda fish but it's recommended. It was steamed the Teochew style. The soup was sweet and really went well with the salted vegetables!

Prawn roll...skin was thin and filling was fresh, not too oily

Braised goose meat (tender) with tau kwa (love it!)

Venue: Mong Hing Teochew Restaurant (371 Beach Road, Key Point, #01-18/19)
It's family time! My brother suggested a Teochew restaurant, one that he has read about when he's surfing the internet. Realised that his favourite makan website is "hungrygowhere.com", haha! Goodness, he has been eating non-stop for the past week. The pot is calling the kettle black, I guess I have been feasting for the past few days too :P Anyway, it always feels so at home entering a Teochew restaurant, you would hear people around you speaking Teochew, the sight of familiar dishes served and most of all, the best part of it all would be to be able to enjoy the meal with your family :)

2 comments:

  1. Miss the Teochew cuisine! Gotta go back there when am back.. And dajie, your hair fringe is slanted?? The hairdresser didnt trim straight? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hairdresser is kinda getting sick of my hairstyle, she has been trying to persuade me to cut short. Well, I guess we are trying to explore some creativity with the fringe here, ha! :P

    ReplyDelete