Sunday, October 11, 2009

One week younger

One should be able to guess the two popular flavours - rock melon and green apple



Took a picture of this deliciously soft and smooth Chawamushi...then totally got myself immersed in savouring the different kinds of food, ignored photography totally :P
We had dinner at a Japanese restaurant at Greenwood Avenue to celebrate Jiaqi's birthday. It has been quite some time since I was there. The interesting restaurants there never fail to fascinate me. It was really crowded when we were there in the evening, it was kinda difficult to find a parking lot. Shin Yuu Japanese Restaurant (16 Greenwood Ave) is just a small Japanese restaurant serving ala carte buffet for the evening. Well, I must say we had a good time savouring most of the items in the menu. The sashimi was real fresh and sushi was yummy, I thought the rice was somewhat different from other Japanese restaurants. I remember eating beef cooked in different styles and lotsa seafood. I guess the wonderful thing about this Japanese restaurant is that the ingredients were all pretty fresh! The restaurant manager, Gary, was also quite a humourous guy, got us all laughing during the meal. I would say very good and personalised service. Ahem, the birthday cake for the evening was baked by none other than our dear Rene, ha, she is really improving. Great job! Dessert was gelato in a little retro looking cafe a few shops down the street. Rock melon really rocks and green apple was refreshing. Cookies & cream was boring in the eyes of Kat but still my love, hee :P
Dear Jiaqi, thank you for the lovely card and the little book full of quotes that calm and soothe, muack! Ha, I always receive a birthday card from you every year, that's really sweet of you. Well, sometimes I wonder, how many of us actually take time to write cards. But hey, what's really lovely are the words in your card, I totally agree with what you have written about friendship and I am thankful for the friendship that we share. To the gal who's one week younger than me, Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

  1. 友谊。。。很微妙的关系。
    Glad to have u as my fren. :)

    永远比你年轻(一个星期)的朋友!

    ReplyDelete