Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stitches

During my secondary school days, I really hated sewing in Home Economics. I seemed to enter the Home Economics room with much fear, with my heart throbbing faster than before. The needles around looked like they were gonna be aimed at me and I would probably be shot in a matter of minutes. Those sewing machines were like monsters, all ready to freak me out and crush me flat. Upon entering the Home Economics room, my Home Economics teacher would be standing at the entrance 'welcoming' us with hands at her waist, all ready to fire at those girls who were not serious and not paying attention. There was heightened tension and dark clouds of fear hovering above us as we made our way to the tables and then to the sewing machines. My hands became clammy as I started working on the sewing machine- the monster, praying very hard that I would not break the needle or there would not be much entanglement. I remember I would always asked Mummy to help with my Home Economics homework at home, ha! Oops, now the whole world knows about this. Well, but I am proud to say that Mummy is good with sewing, well, at least better than her silly daughter :P Anyway, agreed to help in a little project at work to raise funds for kids in Cambodia. Guess what, it's sewing. Well, okie, thought maybe I would give it a try since materials have been provided for. I did and I thought it's kinda not too bad an experience, maybe coz there's no need for sewing machines, heh! Managed to sew five little teddies, their heads :P Not the perfect end product but I am pretty sure every stitch represents my care and good wishes for every child in Cambodia. Hee, how much would you pay for each one of these? Well, to the person who decides to pay for each of these, thank you, I really did my best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment