Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A lazy Monday...or maybe not so

My pride and joy!

It always feels good to hear the sizzling sound of garlic in a frying pan. Seeing them turn golden brown and crispy could bring much delight. Well, let alone having the aroma fill the whole kitchen. Let's see...I think my hands still smell of garlic now, ha :P

I can't live without you - my dear vegetables. I thought I would like to have some broccoli, decided to poach some.

The main character - noodles from Taiwan (from my father's friend). Cooking those for the first time and was wondering how to make it not too soft and well-cooked. I cooked them in boiling water and then transferred them into a sieve to drain. Let tap water run through them before stir frying them with the ingredients. Smart gal! Noodles turned out good, Q enough and right texture!

The ingredients...carefully and meticulously cut. Cabbage to add sweetness, slices of fish cake, shitake, eggs and of course, garlic to add fragrance

Woke up early in the morning near 7am and was wondering if I needed to go to work, can you believe it? Glad that it's supposed to be a holiday and that means I could go back to bed, well, I did! :P Visited Grandma with Mummy, spent some time with her and then headed for lunch and grocery shopping with Mummy (still feeling kinda groggy, probably didn't really sleep well the night before). AMK Hub was infested with people, had problem finding parking, nearly fainted in the extra big supermarket. Towards the late afternoon, really felt I needed some peace and quiet :P
Watched "Julie and Julia" on Sunday, a light-hearted movie. Well, trust me, you will never go wrong with Meryl Streep, she is good. Give her any roles and she can do it well. She played the role of Julia...in search of her passion, joy and direction in life I guess. She found it and she absolutely loved what she's doing - cooking. To be precise, french cooking. She was so determined to master the art of French cooking, I was very much amused by the onion cutting segment of the movie but most of all, I watched Julia with admiration for her courage and much determination in what she was learning. You know, Julia is the kinda of woman one would love to go to for a word of positivity and encouragement, even hearing her laughter would probably bring much sunshine :) Amy Adams did great in her role as Julie too. Still salivating over one of the meals that she prepared...crispy french toast with salsa like juicy tomatoes on top. The way they ate them left me craving for some of those! Maybe I should try cooking those one of these days :P Well, you see, was so inspired by Julie and Julia that I decided to cook dinner. Only myself and Mummy were home so just a simple meal but I did take it seriously :P Here it goes...stir fried noodles with other stuff that I like :P Well, what can I say, there's really joy in mastering the art of cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment