Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fruity tarty tarts

The mixed fruit tart - real tarty and fruity
Room for some mushrooms?...Crispy but too much of the breaded coating and did not taste much of the sweetness of the mushrooms :P
Was at Raffles City yesterday, thought I must try the tarts at the Fruit Tart Shop. Those tarts seemed so enticing that it could be so difficult to resist them. I have walked past this restaurant a few times. I think there is also one oulet at Orchard Central. Well, since we had a not so heavy dinner last evening, Adeline and I decided to indulge on dessert :P We were deciding between one or two tarts and decided that we should not be greedy and to just try one first. We ordered a mixed fruit tart (one of the recommended ones), fried shitake (my decision! Heh, disgusting gal :P) and tea to go with the food. One of the other recommended ones was banana chocolate tart, think I will try that the next time. I guess sometimes the colours of the different tarts have a way of cheering one up, they were so bright and full of vibrance. Well, the lighting the restaurant did help to bring out the cheerfulness too. Hmm, I would say that there was really nothing special about the taste of the tart. Maybe I am not really a tart lover, the taste seemed ordinary. The cream was fine, kinda light but we still left a small chuck of it untouched and just focused more on the crust and generous serving fruits on each tart. The fruits were pretty fresh, slices of apple were still crunchy. The tart goes very well with tea, they served tea from Gryphon. Well, good to give it a try, trust me, you would really get attracted by the colours and cheerfulness of every tart!

No comments:

Post a Comment