Saturday, October 24, 2009

My neighbour



Strike a pose gal! Ha, a good one, Mrs Ng!

Curry gravy wasn't too bad but the cutlet was not really tender and juicy.

Hmm, vegetables seemed better than the prawns, or well, maybe it's just me.

This was the best! We ordered two sets! Salmon sashimi was real fresh and good!

California maki...pretty decent and ordinary

Fried tofu, hmm...nothing really fantastic about this
This was complimentary. Delicious! Great sauce to go with salmon!

We always find time to meet up even though we don't work together anymore. She is my ex-colleague, my neighbour :) Well, neighbour in the sense her workstation was just next to mine for almost eight years. Heh, can never forget that moment when I told her I was leaving my previous workplace in a cafe at Vivo about two years ago, could see tears in her eyes, made me wanted to tear too...Well, kinda got a little scolding from her too. Neverthless, we told ourselves we will find time to meet up and I must say we have been. She's a good neighbour, we were kinda like listening ears to each other, I am sure there were tough times that we went through, well, there were those silly and crazy moments too. The meeting place nowadays has always been at a makan place, I guess we love to eat. Ya right, then after that, we would lament about how to get rid of those calories and fats :P She thought of having a buffet so I suggested Ikoi Japanese Restaurant at Hotel Miramar coz a current colleague recommended. Hmm, a very simple and small restaurant, cozy and the staff were pretty friendly too. Good value if you are one who loves sashimi, like my neighbour, still cannot believe she ate so much of those salmon, goodness, I am totally impressed (I am saying this for the sixth time?) :P Well, in terms of variety and quality, I think I would still prefer the Japanese restaurant at Greenwood but of course, it's more expensive. Dear Julia, thanks for those times spent together, for the past years and now. Till we meet again, stay funky, hot and pretty! Ha! Hope you like those pictures taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment