Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Why do I write?

I was thinking about this question today...why do we write? In our whole life, what is the purpose of writing?
I write because it helps me to express feelings and emotions.
I write because it allows me to let out, a channel to release and let go.
I write because there are times where words express better than what we say.
I write because it allows me to organise my thoughts and ideas.
I write because I believe in the power of words...they heal, bring comfort and empower.
I write because it allows me to get in touch with my heart.
I write because I love the beauty in the language...
Why can't words express how we feel or what we see at times?
Late last night, decided to take a walk to a convenient store to buy some titbits for a meeting the next day. Was at the gate to my house and started looking up into the sky (what's new, silly gal :P) It was kinda dark but after staring at it for two seconds, I could see stars! There were more and more as I stood there gazing at the them all. Goodness, if I had just taken a glance, I would not have noticed them. They are always there...I was glad I paused and had a good look at them all. It was really beautiful and I smiled...Words probably could not really describe how I felt then, I was at a loss for words, just kinda busy enjoying that moment. As I walked along the pavement, I was still trying to catch a glimpse of that piece of beauty up in the sky...

No comments:

Post a Comment