Sunday, March 27, 2011

Food and memories


I had dinner at Paradise Inn with my parents over the weekend, wanted to eat the braised vermicelli with pig trotters. Actually, it's kinda tasty but we thought it was a little too oily for our liking. We could not really finish the vermicelli maybe coz we ordered too many other dishes. The leftover was packed, taken home and it was my lunch today :P Actually, I kinda remember my grandmother used to fry beehoon with canned pig trotters, was that pig trotters or canned pork? Hmm, if I am not wrong, it was in a yellow can. Well, that was really so long time ago when I was still a little girl. Did not really get to taste that kinda canned pork since then. Ha, maybe should try to look for it again in the supermarket and fry it with beehoon one of these days. I still remember the canned pork was rather tender but kinda oily :P ...My grandmother and my late maternal grandmother used to cook many wonderful traditional dishes when I was a little girl. At times, I miss helping my grandmother make Teochew glutinous rice kueh and shun kueh, love to fold the edges of the shun kueh for grandmother :) Miss those days that I would play with the ingredients when my grandmother was making rice dumplings. There was always a huge steamer in the kitchen near the window on those special days, the small kitchen was always filled lotsa noise and the aroma of the food also filled every corner of the house, miss the noise and the smell too...

2 comments:

  1. I remember my grandma used to fry bee Hoon with the canned pig trotter too. Love it. If you do fry, share it with me yah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i had that last week before i left for HK too. That's my mum's favourite.

    ReplyDelete