Monday, March 21, 2011

Vegetarian


Mummy said it's like chap chye but I thought it's more of a vegetarian dish. I ate lots of the cabbage, together with porridge and steamed fish. Simplicity is bliss :)


I asked Mummy why we needed to tie knots for these zhen cai and she said it was just passed down from her grandmother. But I was not satisfied with this answer, was really curious to know why knots have to be tied. We decided to ask my grandmother one of these days :P


Some of the ingredients...vegetarian 'abalone', sweet beancurd skin to be pan fried first and zhen cai (those with knots)

I was really craving for homecooked food over the weekend, something simple and blend perhaps, haha :P Suggested to Mummy that we should cook dinner at home instead of eating out in the evening on Sunday. Volunteered to cook a vegetarian dish for dinner so headed out to the supermarket to get a few ingredients, bought an organic cabbage and some others. I always feel excited trying new dishes, you know, not knowing if the outcome will turn out to be good or bad. Well, you just gotta try right?

No comments:

Post a Comment