Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cze Char - Uniquely Singapore

Ha, I think we spent the whole night feasting, chatting and laughing. Oops, Rene and Edmond are not captured in this shot :P

Somehow, I like things cooked in a claypot...the gravy for the claypot fishhead was not salty and went well with rice and fish was fresh.

Met this little sweetie...ha, fed him some pieces of fish and I seemed to become its saviour for the night :P

Another makan session among a few of my ex-colleagues yesterday. This time it was at Rong Ji Seafood, a cze char place at Cactus Road (Yio Chu Kang) as recommended by Julia. It was kinda a nice cool evening after a heavy rain. I heard from my father that those cze char places around that area are usually quite crowded during weekends. I thought the meal we had at Rong Ji was rather cheap, considering the kinda dishes that we have ordered...claypot fishhead, sambal crayfish, yam ring, roasted chicken, cereal prawns and sambal potato leaves. Well, I couldn't help but feel that Singaporeans are really blessed, one can easily find these kinda cze char places at different parts of the island. Their prices are pretty affordable and some serve really tasty food too. I think some of these cze char places even come up with rather innovative dishes. I guess those cze char chefs are also experimenting and trying to create unique and unusual yet affordable dishes. Good for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment