Sunday, October 23, 2011

Teochew steamboat

Soup was rich but somehow, I thought it's still a little salty for me. Well, maybe it's me :P But I really love the beancurd skin - a must-try if you are a beany lover!

Wow, we really can eat! :P Fishballs, meatballs, wanton, squid paste, fish paste noodles...all recommended! I think to me, what's essentially good about this restaurant is the freshness of its ingredients. That does make the whole Teochew steamboat experience all worth it :)

Red grouper...fresh! Pork belly...hmm, not of much appeal to me in this meal, maybe a kinda sauce has to be concocted to serve as a kinda dip to complement the thin slices of meat?

My very good friend recommended a steamboat restaurant at Joo Chiat Road and so I went with another two of my good friends for dinner at that restaurant :) It's Teochew Traditional Steamboat Restaurant (176, Joo Chiat Road). A simply done up place and it was rather crowded during dinner time. I think reservation is recommended especially during weekends. We ordered too much and had difficulty finishing. Well, at least I think we tried our best not to waste food :P

No comments:

Post a Comment