Monday, February 2, 2009

30 Jan 2009, Departure Hall at Singapore Changi Airport


I am not too sure if I would like to remember this date. In fact, I wasn’t really looking forward to this day and wish that it would not come that fast but we know time waits for no man, sooner or later, it has to come… and it will be over. I came home that day from work and was able to catch an hour’s nap, always an energy booster for me :P My sis was kinda reading some work stuff I guess and all her packing was done by then. Boy, that was quite a lot to bring. We didn’t really talk till dinner time, somehow could feel the heaviness in her heart, maybe in mine too. We had a simple homecooked dinner together that evening. My bro asked me if I was going to the airport, there was a kinda short struggle within me and finally decided that I should go, dun wish to be home alone…It was about half past ten that night and we headed for the airport in my father’s car. We brought along Monkie but he wasn’t so much in action, maybe not so much in the mood :P The airport was cold as usual, dun know why but it always feels like winter in our airport.

My sis checked in her luggage and decided that she would like to have a cup of teh at Ya Kun, it would probably be difficult for her to find a cup of teh in Switzerland, let alone a good cup of it. We had drinks together at Ya Kun. Still can’t believe my bro had a cup of Horlicks, goodness, wonder who drinks Horlicks nowadays! Anyway, I always prefer Milo to Horlicks. My sis’s friends came shortly and she joined them for a chat at the departure hall. When we joined them, some of their eyes were red, oh no, thought I had a tough time controlling my ‘tap’ when I reached home that day and now, seeing that, the ‘tap’ seemed vulnerable and probably a leak or a pipe burst might occur anytime, tried distracting myself by taking photographs :P Near midnight, it was time for my sis to get to the departure gate. I dragged my feet as we walked to the departure gate. One could probably predict what happened over there. There was still time for a hug for every one. It was kinda difficult to let go of my hands and I think no plumber in the world could help with the burst pipe. Ha, I know my bro was tearing too :P Think my sis didn’t feel any better but I know she will be strong, she has to be. The last time I ever ‘behaved’ like that in the airport was when my bro left for his studies in Scotland. I know I didn’t like that feeling at all.

It was kinda not over yet. I would say that the journey home from the airport was a long one. TPE seemed like a real long stretch of highway and…my cheeks were kinda wet (Monkie’s fur was probably wet too as I was holding him in my arms) throughout that journey. I gazed at those lamp posts that whizzed past. In the past, I didn’t even see my sis off at the airport coz I knew that she would be back in three weeks’ time from her work assignment. But this time, maybe not in a couple of months… It was kinda late in the night when we reached home, I wasn’t even thinking of having to go to work the next morning at school, just felt like having a good shower and snuggle in bed under my blanket. I woke up the next day with a terrible headache (maybe from the hard time having to fix that burst pipe) and of course, with eyes half the size than the usual. Maybe some eye serum or eye cream might help.

5 comments:

  1. hey pooh... just read ur entry. dnt know ur sis would be gone so soon. when i was reading it, it reminded me of d time when i left for melb... it was the exact same emotions which overwhelmed me. both me & my sis cried buckets too! so i can totally understand how u felt... hope u'll start to feel better soon my dear pooh... just think of it this way... u can go visit her real soon during the june hols :) hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. 没有分手时的不舍,哪来的相逢的喜悦。

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah pooh... forgot to tell ya... i have a blog too. had it for a few years d... but dnt really update recently. go visit it if u have the time... think this is a good way to keep track of each other :)
    http://rene-skindeep.spaces.live.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear snoop…thanks for understanding, could still rem I was still at work :( when u were about to leave for melb at the airport but I think we managed to talk over the phone during my free period just before u left, ha, dat was kinda like quite a few years back… Do send my regards to ur sis, I bet she must be busy getting ready for her big day. Will check out ur blog :) hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear mark… thanks for reminding me dat, beautifully n most of all, meaningfully phrased :)

    ReplyDelete