Thursday, February 26, 2009

The happiest day of my week

My little cosy corner at my workstation...
also a collection of priceless gifts

Little teddy from my angel!

Sometimes, one would mention about the happiest day in his or her life. But why should there be only one so called happiest day in one’s life? I think we can have many happiest days in one‘s life, well, at least I know I have the happiest day of my week. I walked to my desk at school on Monday and got a real pleasant surprise! Actually, given my blur state every early morning, I didn’t realize it initially; it was when I sat down and switched on my laptop that I saw him ( I can be really that ‘blind’ at times :P)…

Saw this teddy bear next to my laptop! :) It instantly brought a great SMILE on my face (hee, probably like a little gal who has juz got her favourite toy :P). My school has this guardian angel thingy going on and we are each a guardian angel to two of our colleagues. That little teddy bear is from my guardian angel whose nickname is Yue Niang, the little Nyonya! Haha! Frankly speaking, when I first saw the nickname when I received my Valentine’s Day’s gift from my angel, I nearly burst into laughter. My angel must be a real fan of the much talked about drama serial shown just recently. The gift that morning really made my day, it was a good Monday! I seem to have seen that teddy bear somewhere. The teddy bear doesn’t have fur but it’s made of a kinda material, somewhat like hay :P Thought it’s pretty unique and freaky!! Heh, was thinking of the brush that we use to scrub the toilet floor. But of course, I will not bear to let my newly owned teddy bear touch the toilet floor. Maybe I should give it a name…:P I am kinda gender bias when it comes to teddy bears, they are always male to me, ha!

I must say I really appreciate the thoughtfulness of my angel, have sent this colleague of mine a card expressing my appreciation. Hmm, sometimes it’s not so much the gift or even the urge to find out who my guardian angel is but more of…it feels great to know that you are being cared for and someone is thinking of you. To my guardian angel, you may not ever get to read this but wherever you are and whoever you are…thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You have touched me with your little gift and thoughtfulness. Little and simple things in life do mean a lot to me…

One colleague of mine made sushi and shared some with me that day too, that was really nice of her! I have also received two texts from two of my friends telling me that I was missed and fondly thought of : ) It’s really sweet of them. You know, no amount of money can ever buy certain simple gifts in life. I know that I will not ever exchange these gifts for anything else in this world…Well, shouldn’t Monday be the happiest day of my week?

No comments:

Post a Comment