Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Rain

It started to rain in the afternoon, I think it has not been raining for quite some time. I was having a late lunch at the canteen with a few colleagues, simply too lazy to walk out in the rain and just wanna eat to satisfy my hunger or rather, for survival. As I looked out, I saw rain pelting onto the ground, forming small little splashes, the air was cool. Hmm, was just thinking…whether rain is capable of washing away one’s troubles and unhappiness, maybe it does possess some kinda ‘cleansing’ power…At that very moment, felt like going to a quiet cafe, drink a cup of hot tea, dun mind a piece of cake (let’s see, maybe…cheesecake! :P), read a magazine or a book or simply just see and observe how life goes on outside. Boy, that would be such a luxury and should be quite a treasured moment!...Well, I carried on with my lunch and took my last sip of barley before heading back to work.

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain…

2 comments:

  1. If you want a cuppa caffine in the afternooon, there are a few cafe along frankel ave, its just a few min drive from our school

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mark, I think I remember we had that rich chocolate banana thingy in one of the cafes over at Frankel some time back, have not really been there since actually :P Heh, but why so near to school? I dun have the intention to go back to work after tea u know. Well, I could be so easily enticed by these little pleasures and so called ‘short getaways’ from work :P The lazy bug is slowly creeping in and making its way into my body…

    ReplyDelete