Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yes, silence is golden...

This afternoon, I was kinda having a ‘conversation’ with a colleague of mine who is hearing impaired. We were communicating by scribbling on pieces of paper, boy, I should say we have used quite a number of pieces of paper. We shared quite abit about our lives, he was sharing with me about SADeaf (Singapore Association of the Deaf) and we also ‘talked’ about my career. I guess there were uncertainties in our lives at some point of time, maybe not knowing what may lie ahead too. But I thought it’s always good to get encouragement along the way, to receive and to give, to give of course is a joy : ) Hmm, somehow, I thought it was quite an interesting conversation, there was complete silence at my workstation when we ‘chatted’. Such an interesting way of communication! …You know, there’s beauty in silence. Have we ever asked ourselves how comfortable we are with silence? Have we ever tried getting in touch with our inner self, our heart or even our soul in the midst of the silence? Did we realize something important in that moment of silence? My sis asked in her blog if silence is golden. Somehow, I feel that at this instance of my ‘conversation’ with my colleague, silence is indeed golden. Sometimes, I feel that it is in silence that we would probably discover the meaning of what life really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment