Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weekday Shopping

Felt that life shouldn’t be just shuffling between work and home thus decided to pop by town today after work. It wasn’t crowded over there (ha, like it this way :P), maybe it’s not really the weekend yet or maybe it’s the current economic situation. Anyway, popped by the cards section and as usual, spent some time over there but in the end, got just a few cards (expected to get more though). Greeting cards in Singapore seem pretty limited in designs and not really that interesting I would say or probably it’s my preference. Also got a doggy whose face was telling me to bring it home. His name is Barkers. Barkers doesn’t really bark but just look at ya lovingly in the eyes : ) Craved for a cup of teh-C at Toastbox so went to get one, goodness, it’s was great satisfying my addiction, wonder if there are any halfway houses for this kinda addiction :P There were hardly any people over there, sat at a corner of the café and the young man at the counter toasting bread just caught my attention. He was so serious at work as if it really meant a lot to him. He seemed to be using his heart to do his job. Well, not sure if my sixth sense was accurate but he seemed like a committed worker. I hope he is and I am sure there will be people who appreciate that hard work. The next time I eat kaya toast, I will think of him :P Anyway, love those idling moments, glad I had them no matter how short they might be, it’s kinda like the enjoyment of just doing nothing, not everyone can master the art of doing nothing you know, ha! Life is good…Well, if I should ever have any complaints about work or life at that point of time, I think I ought to be shot or maybe brutally knifed (Arrg, gruesome!).

2 comments:

  1. Barkers is a TY! But is he a pluffies??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, must you keep asking dat question again and again whenever u see a TY?! He's a pluffies and I still have the evidence! :P He does look abit like Purple, doesn't he?...Hope that spring will come soon! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete