Monday, February 2, 2009

Punctuality = Stress?

I woke up late today!! If not for my father who came knocking on my door at 6.35am, I wouldn’t be surprised if I would be capable of sleeping till late morning. My reason or should I say my excuse :P is…WelI, I usually need to set two alarms every morning, thank goodness, so far two has been enough. I have set the alarm on my mobile phone wrongly – 5.35pm (can you believe it??). My alarm clock sounded first at 5.30am and I think I ‘shut it up’ when I was still half asleep (can you believe it??) and of course the alarm in my mobile phone did not go off. Well, I practically jumped out of bed, forgotten even if I have greeted my father at the doorway. Just thankful that he was up early (that “like father-like daughter” thingy doesn’t seem to apply in terms of our sleeping habits and punctuality). While brushing my teeth, there was a struggle within me whether to take a shower. Taking a shower could make a big difference and could really determine whether I was gonna be late. I hate to rush through my shower, it is probably as important as a good breakfast every morning, if not, more important than a good breakfast! Went ahead with shower, all prepared to face the consequences of the decision that I have made. Well, I finished my shower in I think about less than fifteen minutes (can you believe it??). Well, I guess given the time constraint and the situation, I am capable of taking probably a 10-minute shower, just whether I want or do not want. Anyway, hopped into my father’s car at 7am, got a ride from him and a short friendly lecture on sleeping early at night, waking up early and punctuality. Managed to reach at 7.13am. I thought it was so stressful to always check on time and date, I always enjoy days when I am having my holidays, timeless and dateless, such a luxury. But in life, luxury doesn’t come every day. People say punctuality is a virtue but at times, it’s kinda like a form of stress for me. This virtue probably doesn’t exist much within me. I think I must thank those who have been really understanding and for being so patient with me, ha, but I guess some closer friends have kinda given up on me :P

It has been a tiring day for me, not sure if I was ready to start the week to begin with, waking up late and still having a slight headache…not really a good beginning. However, I must say the journey back home was pretty pleasant. I took a cab and the cabby was kinda cheerful and pleasant. It’s always good to be greeted with a smile. One would probably hear complaints from cab drivers about lotsa of stuff (can’t blame them, it’s a way of letting out and we kinda become the ‘victims’ at times) but he didn’t mention anything negative (despite the economic downturn). He even reminded me to be careful along a certain stretch of the road if I was driving coz quite accident prone. That was really nice of him! He ended the ride with a “Have a great day!”. To some, probably it’s nothing great about it but I think otherwise, it always feels good to be greeted with positivity, cheerfulness and a word of care. To that uncle driving the cab, I hope that he did have a wonderful evening too! As I walked towards my house gate, I took a look at the sky. One side of it was kinda cloudy, seemed gloomy and threatening, but the other half (not very big part), I could still see some white, fluffy clouds (not much), a piece of clear blue sky with a tinge of orange from the setting sun. Hmm, which side of it would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment