Monday, June 8, 2009

Cool!

Last Friday, was hanging out with Jiaqi in the afternoon. Frankly speaking, was dying to get out of my workplace that day, have had enough for that week. Anyway, we were shopping aimlessly for a while and us being us, we decided to have some food at Shokudo. Nice food I would say, we shared a Unagi tofu salad (I am going to try making this myself one of these days :P) and a tempura snack. Too hungry, finished everything before I could take any pictures of them, ha! But managed to take a picture of the dessert we ordered. It was shaved ice, with chewy mochi, chestnuts and a generous serving of Japanese red beans. The syrup that went into the ice was not too sweet, just good enough to bring about that cooling, chilling and pleasant effect with every mouthful of ice shavings that melted in my mouth. Real shiok and cool for a hot afternoon!Not sure if it was the food but it was a great afternoon. Oh yes, we talked about our past travel experiences and really had a good laugh over what we did and some of our embarrassing moments. Ha, thanks gal for those silly but yet memorable moments! We are certainly looking forward to our trip coming week…shop, eat and laze, basically the agenda is about being lazy. What a wonderful agenda! The best agenda I have ever set and prepared so far, ha! You know, one would probably understand how important a schedule, a deadline or a timeline would be for work purposes but in our own private lives when we are not at work, these are probably kinda meaningless to me. It’s too tiring to be dictated by deadlines and schedules all the times in my life. Too much of these just irk me at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment