Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Sunday Times 21 June 2009

Singapore’s “Father of Counselling” Anthony Yeo passed away yesterday. This news really came kinda sudden and I could not believe what I read. His words and his sharing of his experiences in his books and articles had brought comfort and enlightenment…I am quite sure he’s a great counsellor and mentor to many in the field of social work and counselling…I am also quite sure he’s ready for eternal rest…He will be remembered and missed…

A Pomeranian was stuffed in a plastic bag, treated like a piece of trash and dumped near a rubbish bin to die. Does anybody know that that’s actually a life and not a plastic toy? Is this how we treat a life? What has happened to us? There were tears of anger and sadness welling up as I read about the fate of this seven year old doggie…Thank goodness, he was discovered and on the road to recovery. Get well soon, Pom Pom...

H1N1 virus continued to spread…there have been pieces of news about this every day and now with AYG, precaution level has also heightened and very much strengthened…This virus has stayed long enough. I wish it will go away soon and not cause any harm or worry to people all over the world…I wish that my loved ones will be safe and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment