Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Land of Smiles - The journeys

To get to the town, Ao Naung, we gotta kinda climb the side of a mountain, not literally to climb but walk on and climb some kinda wooden steps. We were told that the whole journey from the resort to the town would take about twenty minutes and it’s only meant for resort guests. Well, after we went through that, we believed that the so called twenty minutes might be meant for those professional trekkers. You know, missing one step at some parts of the journey is certainly no joke. Ha, we were walking like two aunties, gripping hard to the wooden railings at the side, having our full attention and concentration on every plank that we stepped on. We had muscle aches the very next day and decided to give the town a miss, decided to just laze by the beach and read :P Sigh, city gals…
This is kinda like the resort’s jetty, I was pretty excited seeing that when we first reached the resort. But trust me, it was not easy walking on that, especially when the current was real strong. I felt like a surfer surfing on a ‘surf board’. Nah, let me rephrase that; I felt like a lousy surfer on the ‘surf board’. It was kinda difficult to balance, let alone walk on that. Jiaqi said she would probably get sea sick walking on that for long. I wouldn’t disagree. But you know, while walking on that, I was kinda fearful that I might fall but I was also feeling kinda thrilled walking on it. That day, after we have checked out and had to make our way to that resort’s jetty, we were pretty apprehensive about walking on that as it was a rainy day and it was pretty slippery. We took our first few steps, I was trying to balance myself by stretching my hands. There came a strong current, I was wobbling and someone held my hand, I turned and saw an assuring smile. It was one of the staff who was seeing us off at the jetty. She held my hand all the way to the motor boat and ensured that we board safely. I thought that’s really sweet and nice. She must be thinking these city gals probably never got a chance to experience this *embarrassing*:P Well, if I were to stay there long enough, I will make sure I conquer this journey by walking till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment