Thursday, June 25, 2009

Gift #15 from my angel

Melody Gardot…I remember reading about this singer cum songwriter somewhere. She met with an accident while cycling and that badly injured her. She could not walk for a period of time. She’s walking with a walking stick now and I think her eyes are sensitive to light. But she’s probably an inspiration coz her passion for music sinks deeply in her heart despite her handicap. It’s probably of a story which proves that music heals. When it comes to music, I think we don’t just listen with our ears but it’s more important to listen with our hearts.

When I least expected it, it came…a beautiful gift from Yue Niang Angel, it’s a CD by Melody Gardot, my angel’s second CD for me (beaming with pride and joy!) :) It’s kinda jazz. You know, I always feel that jazz is pretty unique in the sense feelings are pretty much evoked when the singers sing. You could probably feel that sensuality in some pieces and ha, at times, you pretty much feel like swaying to the music, you could feel every note being played in every cell of your body :P…Melody Gardot has a voice which I like very much and I think she is a talented singer too.

It’s a blessing and a joy to give. Dear Yue Niang Angel…you know, you must have got abundance joy in your heart coz you have given much…You have given much of your care and love by being so thoughtful. The best gifts in life can only be felt…

2 comments:

  1. About singers, entertainers, guess u must have known by now the passing of the king of pop. When i first heard the news over the radio this morning, i was sad. I am not a big fan of his though i thot he was indeed a talented entertainer. Was feeling a little down the whole day. Bryan came home fr school at abt 4 n he asked,"Mum, r u sad that MJ has died?"
    "Yah...a little?" "WHy? u r not a fan of his." My reply, " Anyone who has been in ur life, however insignificant n short the time,will sadden u if they have passed on."
    Then come the next qn " Is fifty years old too young to die?" How will u reply to that qn, Boon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bryan’s mum :P, I think Bryan was really asking good questions, dun ever stop him from asking those questions k. I feel that you dun have to answer questions by your kids all the time. Some questions probably do not have answers, it’s alright. If I were you, I would throw back the question and ask for his views n thoughts, I would ask Bryan if it’s too young to die at fifty. You are free to share your feelings and thoughts too! I feel that Bryan is quite a feeling and sensible boy, I am sure he would love to hear mummy’s feelings and thoughts about issues in life. You never know, this would get him to open up more to you in future. It could also be an opportunity to talk about death or life, only if you are comfortable with it my dear. Heh, frankly speaking, I am no expert in parenting, ha, just sharing how I feel :P I am sure you would know best coz you are Bryan’s mum : )

    Death can occur when one is just months old, at 12 years old, at the peak of one’s career, during a daily activity, on a hospital bed, on a wheelchair at 80 years old. Basically, it could occur at any time, anywhere or probably any point of one’s life. Which is important? Is it about the length of time we have lived? Or how we live the number of years that we have lived? Carpe Diem… I am not a fan of Michael Jackson but I was shocked and also saddened by the news. He’s truly a legend but I feel some parts of his life was a tragedy. Despite all the unhappy happenings in his life, I am sure he had brought much joy and cheers into the lives of many, especially his fans. I could still recall seeing those faces of his fans on TV, goodness, MJ seemed to be their lives. He will be remembered always and there can never be another MJ. Rest in peace…

    ReplyDelete