Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mandai Orchid Garden

I was at Mandai Orchid Garden with a few colleagues yesterday evening checking out a shop that sells educational stuff. It was quiet in the garden and there weren't many people, lovely. Took a walk round the garden of orchids. I believe it was the first time I came so close to really so many types of orchids. The colours of some seemed to illuminate and seemed to be able to capture much of my attention, no one petal was exactly the same...

There was also a little restaurant in the garden, Vanilia Pod, a nice and cozy one I guess. It's kinda like a greenhouse (not advisable to dine in the afternoon I guess :P). But as I walked past in the late evening, the ambience was great, restaurant kinda nestled amidst the nature. White chiffon cloth draped from the ceiling, candles lit up on the tables and diners were sipping on red wine. When I checked out the menu, not too bad. Not a great variety, considering the size of the place but I think just nice to cater to the number of diners in that restaurant. I suppose it's a good place to check out the next time :P

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, the lovely garden will be closed soon. So I created a virtual tour to keep the garden alive. Check it out here: http://bit.ly/OrchidGardenMandai

    ReplyDelete