Sunday, May 23, 2010

Penang...a budding photographer

This is really my favourite! Great use of light and shadow, I feel that there's so much depth and meaning in this picture that I thought it kinda touched me when I first looked at it. I guess the sensitivity of a photographer certainly plays a part in the end product.




I was really all excited about a cat that I saw in a shop (what's new? :P) and came this sweet young girl who came forward and started sharing with me all about Joe - the cat. There was another cat in the shop named China. I held Joe in my arms and started chatting with Xinyi. She's 17 years old and I think I was very impressed with how she's able to share so much with me about her love for cats and photography, her life as depicted in the photographs that she took with her handphone. There seemed to be so much zest, life and passion within her. It was such a pleasure to meet her and talk to her...I personally feel that she is definitely the kinda young people we want to have in our future generation. I was also thinking, this young girl needed a camera for the talent that she has within her, she has certainly got that potential. Coincidentally, we met her again when we visited Sun Yat Sen's Penang Base along Armenian Street. I passed her my digital camera and wanted her to go play with it. Liked the way she was so engrossed in photography and here are some of the pictures that she had taken :)

No comments:

Post a Comment