Sunday, May 23, 2010

Penang...food, glorious food

Penang laksa...so delightful to the tastebuds! Notice that spoonful of prawn paste?

Curry mee...I guess the secret lies in that spoonful of chilli paste that's supposed to be stirred in that rich soup. I had a great time savouring the pig's blood and tau pok!

I probably can eat this every morning...chee cheong fun with prawn paste

Kuay teow soup with fishballs...just a small bowl and we ate it everyday :P

Prawn mee...the soup was superb, so full of flavour, rich and sweet! I don't think it's salty and I think it is really the essence of the prawns

The verb "eat" is the reason for the non existence of the adjective "thin" in my dictionary. In Penang, we were like eating every three hours, there was supper every night, there were endless food to eat in Penang and hardly time for digestion :P Well, maybe it's good that we were there for just one weekend. Thanks to Derrick and Joshua, we got to taste yummy, real yummy local fare in Penang! Thanks to Mark, I got these great pics of the delicious food that we tasted in Penang! Most of all, I think at times, great food wouldn't taste that great without great company :)

1 comment:

  1. Penang laska!!! My all-time favourite! Somthing I'm going to learn to cook soon! :)

    ReplyDelete