Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's tea time!

The exterior...I thought it would be nice if there's a little garden to complement the whole concept of the teahouse. However, this teahouse is kinda facing a main road :P

The interior...got abit fascinated for awhile by the flooring

He greeted us at the entrance and I greeted him with a smile and a little cuddle :)

We heard that the scone there is a must-try. Well, I dunno, I just feel that I have eaten better scones and clotted cream :P

I think the chocolate cake and the strawberry shortcake were the ones that got my attention amongst the variety.

Shepherd pie...three out of five yummy stars :P Something seemed missing in that pie...

Delicate details...

I feel that my Moroccan mint tea wasn't really that minty...Well, maybe I do have high expectations of this tea :P

Jessie and I finally met for afternoon tea! :) We decided to check out Chris' Teahouse along Upper Paya Lebar Road, not very far from where we live :P We must have had spent quite some time there coz it's kinda near dinner time when we left :P Well, a lovely, cosy and quiet little teahouse...a great place to spend the lazy afternoon too. Ha, but we were not sure if we were really mesmerised by the music being played though. Music does play a part in evoking feelings, stirring emotions and creating moods. I feel that it could also be a rather crucial element of ambience. But I think this element did not really stand out in this little nice teahouse. As I stepped into the teahouse, I thought it reminded me much of London and the lotsa English Breakfast tea that I had had while I was in London nearly two years ago. You know, what I really love about going to cafes or these kinda places during the weekdays is that they are usually not crowded...I could really feel the personal space surrounding me, probably the best part of it all is that the feeling that I own this space and the time is mine.

2 comments:

  1. Let's go there and relive London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! :) ...They are open only 5 days per week and they operate only in the afternoon for tea time.

    ReplyDelete