Monday, July 18, 2011

Japanese food craze


I was pretty much fascinated by the variety of food in the supermarkets and food department in Japan. Everything seemed delicious. While walking in the food department and supermarket, a part of me was thankful that I wasn't living there :P There could be real serious consequences with that desire to try every kinda food. Anyway, bought some food products like salad dressing, curry powder, soya sauce and miso paste from the supermarket over there, all ready to cook my own Japanese food at home. Enthusiasm seemed to be running pretty high I must say. In the midst of the enthusiasm, came to a realisation that the instructions on the bottles and products are all in Japanese, oops, I guess gotta prepare the food according to my gut feeling, haha :P Well, invited two guinea pigs, Mark and Derrick, to try what I have prepared - Japanese curry with rice, miso soup and salad. Two real tired and hungry guinea pigs I must say. Phew, their plates were wiped clean, oh well, maybe largely due to their hunger and the fact that expectations have been lowered :P But thanks guys for your support despite having such a tiring day :)

2 comments:

  1. The pleasure was mine. The salad was great with the Japanese dressing. I love rice with Japanese curry and indeed I was filled to my throat that night. Thanks for the yummy dinner.

    ReplyDelete