Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bon Appetit

Sitting by the window and watching the drizzle as we were enjoying our meal

The interior

Green asparagus with Burgundian escargot & hollandaise...sauce is good!

This was our favourite! Foie gras terrine with raisin brioche

My main course...red snapper with stewed lentils in vinegar. Hmm, no fishy taste, I would say that the side complemented the main pretty well. PY's French duck leg confit was a little too dry for her liking though.

Profiteroles...we almost licked the plate :P We also had the warm pear tart with vanilla ice cream.

PY recommended a place for set lunch a few weeks ago and we finally managed to meet for our long-waited lunch appointment. It's a Monday and as I drove into town, loved the fact that there wasn't any crowd and the late morning drizzle kinda sweetened this particular Monday, otherwise would usually be known as "Monday blue" to many. Bistro Du Vin, part of the Les Amis Group, is located at a little corner of Shaw Centre. A simple bistro bathed in warm lighting. I thought I was very attracted to its Parisian charm when I first stepped into the bistro and it has given me a pretty laid-back feel, especially with jazz playing in the background. Well, it offers 3-course set lunches at $30++. I must say that the appetizers have delighted my taste buds more than the main courses. Dessert was a perfect conclusion to the whole meal, leaving behind sweet memories of the little bistro... While enjoying our lunch, PY and I kinda shared about our fears. Ha, I thought I was alone but realised that we shared a common fear - going back to work again after a year of study leave. Well, I guess besides coming to terms with our fear, it's always good to know that you are not alone. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment