Monday, August 15, 2011

An idea popped and conceived

Simply loved my lunch! Another simple yet satisfying meal :)

Erm, prepared too much ingredients so made a little salad out of them :P

Had always wanted to add more colours to the cold noodles that I usually prepare for myself. So decided to experiment with the idea of adding other ingredients to Japanese cold noodles. I shredded and added carrots, Japanese kyuri (cucumber), tamago yaki and inari (I think that's watz it's called). Mixed all the ingredients with the cold noodles. Half of the portion was dipped in Japanese soya sauce for cold noodles. I thought this way of eating didn't really work well, the taste of other ingredients has overpowered the flavour of the soya sauce and has made it a little redundant except for adding some moisture to the whole dish. As for the other half of the portion, I mixed everything with Japanese sesame salad dressing. Yummy! I think I prefer this way of eating when more ingredients are added to cold noodles. The fragrant sesame dressing complemented the rest of the ingredients, together with the crunchiness of the carrots and cucumber and the sweetness of the inari and tamago yaki, interesting mix! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment