Monday, August 22, 2011

Eat and eat


Having afternoon tea seems to be the 'in' thing in my life, or is it already an 'in' thing amongst Singaporeans? My sis's recent text to me, "eat and eat". Indeed, eat and eat :P Well, maybe I do get to enjoy more of my afternoons this year. Rene suggested having afternoon tea last Friday and as Cons and Miss Beh were also shopping in the vicinity, they also joined us. We had afternoon tea at The Atrium of Pan Pacific Hotel. The place was relatively quiet that afternoon, well, to my liking of course :P The pastries and sandwiches were served on those kinda tiered cake stands, looked very pretty and pleasing to the eyes. Haha, I was sharing with the other two that I think I am capable of making those sandwiches and make them look pretty. And well, if Rene can bake a little, maybe we could have DIY afternoon tea at home instead. Oh but we probably gotta get some good scones too. I thought the scones served at The Atrium were a little too dry for me and I think no clotted cream can be compared to what I had in London (so far :P). But overall, I think I do like the ambience (the space and the tall ceiling), the attentive service of the staff and oh, we had free flow of tea and coffee (of your choice). I tried two types of tea and dear Rene and Cons had two cups of coffee and a cup of tea each. Oh my, high on caffeine! But thanks for the company ladies and sorry I had to rush off for my evening class after that :P

No comments:

Post a Comment