Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A kind of beauty that's not seen, but felt

I have been spending the past few late nights reading quotes by Taiwan's famous author-illustrator, Jimmy Liao. Thanks to Ms Tan who shared a few with me about two weeks ago I think and for helping me to understand especially this one, really an unforgettable one...我宁愿与他是平行线,永不会相交,却可以一直相望保持美好。因如果—旦相交,了那个点就会越离越.
That few quotes that Ms Tan shared with me had kinda got me to find out more and read more. I think I am very much captivated by the beauty of Chinese language and how those strings of Chinese characters have the amazing and magical power to strike a chord with me. I really like the way how emotions, thoughts and feelings are expressed through the thoughtful and tasteful use of words...the poetic expression of feelings...And at times, Jimmy Liao seemed to have the right words to describe some of our deepest thoughts and feelings. Will keep reading more of his quotes and maybe a chance for me to learn and appreciate Chinese Language all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment