Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Braised pork belly

Hmm, this dish doesn't really seem that 'photogenic' or is it me?

I am not exactly sure if I would like to type more words on my keyboard...Have been typing so much in front of my laptop and working on my assignments that any more typing could really drive me crazy, felt that my poor little brain which has limited capability and capacity needed some good long rest at times. Okie, my purpose here is not to rant or vent. You will get through these two months silly gal, you need to and you must, so stop whining like a pathetic woman! Sorry, I guess at times I resort to talking to myself :P

Oh yes, I would like to share about my braised pork belly. Mummy cooked that once and I kinda loved the tenderness of it and how fragrant it could be although meat is not really considered a favourite in my diet. I asked Mummy how to prepare that and kinda got the rough idea (Note: we don't really discuss about the specific quantity of ingredients when we discuss about recipes :P). Went to the wet market early Tuesday morning, told the butcher at Mummy's favourite stall that I needed some pork belly. She asked me how much I needed and oops, I really was clueless how to communicate the quantity I needed to her. Silly me showed her the length and breadth of meat I needed using my hands, I mean, that was the only way I know how to tell her how much I needed. Hmm, not really satisfied with the end product...not tender enough :( Mummy said that I did not put in enough corn flour when I marinated the meat. Or I was thinking maybe I should cook it a little longer? Maybe I have also not added in enough water? Well, hopefully the next attempt will be better. Anyway, we had that for lunch, it wasn't that bad with porridge, simple lunch :) ...Okie, enough of typing for the day...need to rest my fingers and brain :P

No comments:

Post a Comment