Sunday, September 25, 2011

Snow peas

Blanch the snow peas in boiling water before stir-frying them with lotsa garlic, shitake, carrots. Seasoning was "Vegetarian oyster flavoured sauce with mushroom" from Lee Kum Kee and a little light soya sauce.

Good idea to add spring onions to our onion omelette...they add colour and nice taste when eaten with the onions. I used red onion...smell was stronger, good if you are an onion lover

Once in a while, I think I gotta poke my nose into what's cooking in the kitchen. Went grocery shopping with Mummy and suggested that we should get some snow peas. I think it had been quite some time since we had that at home. Still feel strongly that we should try cooking all kinds of vegetables. Well, it was my first time stir-frying snow peas and I loved the fact that I was able to retain the crunchiness and crisp of the snow peas. Thank goodness, they did not shrivel coz I was worried that I might overcook them :P For those who are culinary experts, I know all these may seem elementary to you all but do bear with this novice who is just exploring and experimenting the basics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment