Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bak chor mee

Lai Heng bak chor mee

Didi was back for a few days on a business trip and we managed to have I think three meals together. The first was right after he touched down early this week, he was craving for some chilli crabs. So we made our way to Jumbo at East Coast Park for an evening of seafood. Goodness, cannot believe it's my second time there in one month. Well, don't misunderstand, the food there is great but I think it's too much seafood for me over these two months. I don't usually take alot of prawns or crabs. But hee hee, cannot do without fish :P We had braised duck rice for lunch the next day. Just before Didi flew back to DG today, we had bak chor mee for brunch, recommended by my father. It's Lai Heng bak chor mee at Toa Payoh Lorong 6. My father ordered the $5 bowl for us. Wow, such a big bowl and I was really really full after that. But not Didi, ha, he still ordered kaya butter toast :P The ingredients were fresh and what's best was that there were slices of liver for the liver lover - ME! Realised that there were also four pieces, I beg your pardon, there were also four strips of abalone in my bowl of bak chor mee :P I have not tasted the famous Tai Hwa bak chor mee so cannot really make a comparison. However, I thought this Lai Heng bak chor mee is one of the best I have eaten so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment