Friday, September 16, 2011

Dim sum ladies

My very good friend's favourite...wish there's more chives but the meat was real tender and juicy

Okie, call me a glutton...I finished the whole plate of chicken claws, freaky gal!

The beancurd skin was crispy and fresh prawn paste in between

I think this is a must-try...slightly crispy on the outside, wobbly and real soft inside, loved the fact that it's not oily.

Hmm, so-so only...wish there was more filling in each steamed custard bun

The huge pieces of pig's liver were heavenly good and fresh! Both of us are fans of pig's liver :P

Chee cheong fun...real meaty inside and real smooth skin on the outside

Both of us are not working currently but the strange thing is that it could be so difficult to find a time to meet. Either she was busy running errands or I needed to go for some group discussion :P Ha, maybe both of us are really not fussy about food so deciding a place to have a meal together is always a 'tedious' one. Over whatsapp...

Me: What do you feel like eating?
Her: Anything lah
Me: What preference for cuisine?
Her: Anything oso can
Me: Chinese food? Western food?
Her: Anything, you can decide
Me: ...Too lazy to think and decide, we decide nearer the day :P
Her: okie

Ha, the same phenomenon every time we decided to meet up. But this time, my very good friend finally made a decision (coz she needed to go Takashimaya) about our lunch. My very good friend suggested having dim sum at Imperial Treasure Nan Bei Restaurant. Well, I think it's not my first time eating at this restaurant, my memory is failing me a little :P But I think to date, I have not been disappointed with the quality of food served at the various Imperial Treasure restaurants. Anyway, it's great to meet up with my very good friend again! :) Learnt some tips from her about cooking braised pork belly...for example, adding other ingredients like tau kwa, tau pok (Goodness! All my favourites, how could I have forgotten them?!) and beancurd skin. As the gravy starts to lessen after some time of cooking, a little more water can be added so we need not add too much water at the initial stage of cooking. Okie, next time I may wish to give it a go at cooking braised pork belly again, well, if I have the mood :P ...To my very good friend, wish I could stay a little longer to shop with you today. But I thought it's good catching up again and thanks for lunch! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment