Thursday, September 10, 2009

Daydream

Got this quote from my sis's blog...

Don't ever confuse the two, your life and your work. That's what I have to say. The second is only a part of the first.~ Anna Quindlen

Nice one, sis. I like it! Take a break if you must k, let's not forget to be nice to ourselves at times :P ...As I was driving along PIE this early morning, I was in my usual daydreaming mode. I imagined myself staying and working in a farm. It was early morning, woke up, smelling the fresh morning air. Went to the stable to feed the horses, brush their shiny coat of fur, talk to them, looking into their eyes and smiling at them. They could be such good listeners. Time for breakfast...hot scones, raspberry jam and a cup of English breakfast tea. A golden retriever, my good buddy, was sitting next to me, wagging his tail, ever so affectionate. Went to take a walk along the river nearby, sitting by the edge and immersing my feet in the water, it was so cooling. The murmur of the water, the surface of the water glistening under the morning rays. Occasionally, you could see schools of fishes making their way down the river. It was time to pick apples from the trees, felt like taking a bite on an apple as I picked the first one. It looked so crunchy. Before long, there were two baskets filled with apples, freshly plucked. Hmm, what about baking an apple pie for tea time? ...Goodness, can somebody stop this crazy gal from daydreaming?! Well, the sudden and heavy downpour kinda woke me up from my 'dream' while I was driving. Time to concentrate and time to really wake up, silly gal!

No comments:

Post a Comment